About a month ago I posted a Bookish Controversy video to my YouTube channel. I’ll drop it at the bottom of this post in case you missed it. I filmed that one on the floor, in front of my book case. It’s the first time I’ve ever filmed a video in front of my book case (because of the floor sitting problem). My dog was highly interested in the entire process, since usually when someone sits on the floor around here they’re doing it to sit with him. The result was that the doggo had an appearance at the end of the video. I made a joke when I posted it, saying something about putting him in every video if this did well.
That brings us to today
It turns out you all liked the controversy video. Whether that was because:
- I gave my opinion (which I normally don’t do)
- I sat in front of the bookshelf and you all like to peek at books
- My doggo made an appearance
Is yet to be determined.
Either way, a second video dropped today. All 3 of those elements make a repeat. So we don’t have to know why … we just give you what you want. All of what you want.
Fun Facts not in the Video
- There are 5 more controversies I’ve been handed by the Writing Community for video topics that have yet to be featured. Who knows, maybe I’ll do another one of these.
- Look, the happy singing birds are just going to be a new background noise staple on my videos. I’ve accepted it. There are too many of them and they are just too happy (likely because no one is going outside right now).
- I actually attempted to rearrange my shelf to put a few of my favorite books front and center behind me. But then we widened the shot and, instead, you can see the hot mess that is my bookshelf. I’m starting to come to terms with the idea that I may need a bigger bookshelf.
- Original (deleted) outtakes of this included at least one instance of my daughter telling the dog “you’re a good boy” and the sound of my son shutting the front door when we realized the birds were aggressively loud with it open.
- My bookshelf is very short. If I stand next to it it reaches to about my waist. This is why I don’t usually film videos in front of it. I had knee surgery awhile back and my knee doesn’t always like to be bent. So sitting on the floor can be a challenge. Whatever, it was a fun background!
Here’s the video that dropped today, technically the second of the controversy videos.
Here’s the original video that started it all. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply