Resistant by Rachael Sparks
A Science Fiction, SparkPress in 2018, 296 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Secondary romance line felt unnecessary and forced. The good news is it’s not a major storyline, which means it’s not a major issue.
- Felt a bit younger. This one is an adult science fiction book, but it honestly reads like a young adult book. That’s not entirely a bad thing, but it’s worth noting.
- Could’ve gone a bit more indepth with that ending. I had to double check that this wasn’t the first in a series because there is a lot more that could’ve been explored.
What I Did Like:
- I LOVE when a book leaves the science in science fiction. This one is PACKED with knowledge that the author, who has a degree in microbiology, brings to the table. It’s realistic and that makes it terrifying in the best way.
- The primary romance subplot works. It’s adorable and strong, which is what you want from a romance subplot.
- Rory is a great protagonist. She’s strong and hard willed plus she’s smart. I’m a fan!
Who Should Read This One:
- Science fiction readers who like when science is front and center of a story.
My Rating: 4 Stars.
GREAT addition to any science fiction lovers shelf.