The Hunt by Zoe Daniels
YA Paranormal Fantasy, 1995 by Penguin, 250 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Terrible, toxic main male love interest. I do not remember Alex dissolving into such a horrible red flag laden character. Consider that a content warning if you need it.
- Unanswered questions. Namely, what happens to their clothing when they transform into panthers? Are they all just running around naked after the change? Are we not supposed to be thinking about that?
- This storyline doesn’t stand alone. That’s not really a bad thing, just more of a warning to anyone who considers embarking on this particular trilogy. They’re not intended to be read alone. They don’t really have value alone. They’re one continuous story, told in three volumes.
What I Did Like:
- It’s original enough to be interesting. Yes we’re dealing with a paranormal love triangle (hello, that’s been done before). But the panther thing is a new angle and that’s pretty cool.
- Holly. If we’re going to have a terrible toxic male love interest at least we pair it with a strong female who recognizes the red flags when she sees them. That gives me hope for where the third book might go.
- Piques curiosity about the third book. Again, they’re really a continuous story told in three volumes, but it’s nice that you have enough curiosity to carry you into that final installment.
Who Should Read This One:
- It’s hard to recommend this one because the books are VERY HARD to come by, being that they’re out of print. However, if you like paranormal fantasy stories and want something a little different, it’s worth the read if you get your hands on it.
My Rating: 3 Stars.
They’re a solid paranormal fantasy story but it is out of print and hard to find.
Leave a Reply