Pieces & Parts by Dawn Hosmer
A Fantasy, 2021 by Mind Mosaic Creative, 310 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Some slower spots. This is a sequel so there are parts specifically written to give people who fell in love with the character in the first one a deeper connection to her life (sort of a she’s doing alright moment). Those move slower.
- I was a step ahead of the MC this time in figuring something out. But it honestly didn’t ruin anything for me (it normally does). It was fun waiting for her to figure it out.
What I Did Like:
- Mystery is satisfying. You’re wondering who’s responsible and what will happen all along, you’re picking up the clues, this one is a great mystery!
- Characters. They’re all back from the first one and you’ll love the way they’re coming together in this one. Relationships are deeper, friendships are amazing, and the kids are just awesome as always.
- Ending. As with the first one I think the ending works. You get your answers, the solution is reasonable, and the characters are left on a nice note. Love the way this one played out!
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of mystery/thrillers who want something a little different! The addition of a character who is not a detective and cannot control the messages she’s receiving is interesting, but the case is definitely one that will grab your attention.
- Paranormal fantasy fans. This isn’t your typical gift — but it’s explored in amazing ways in this duology that will really get your attention.
My Rating: 5 Stars.
This is a highly recommended sequel to wrap up a highly recommended duology.