All His Pretty Girls by Charly Cox
A Mystery/Thriller, 2019 by Hera Books, 343 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Some errors. Not a lot by any stretch and definitely didn’t affect the readability. But I think I caught 1 or 2 small errors in grammar.
- Unbelievable stretch. Then again maybe not. I don’t know, people are awful and constantly surprise me by how awful they are (true crime teaches us that). It just felt like a big leap, like this bad guy had no redeemability.
What I Did Like:
- Unpredictable, which is great in a mystery. I LOVE when I don’t have it all figured out.
- GREAT MC. The family life, the career, the flaws … this detective has it all and I adore her.
- Pacing. This one moved quickly and I LOVED that.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of strong detective novels will love this one. It reminded me of an old school Alex Cross novel (that’s high praise from me). Great detective, amazing family, strong mystery, and seriously bad bad guy.
- If you like fast moving mystery with a strong MC you’ll like this one even if detective novels aren’t normally your thing. The focus on the mystery and the detective’s personal life made this one strong in those things you’ll also love.
My Rating: 5 Stars.
- This one is really well written and is a seriously strong book I’d highly recommend.