Ternary by Kristin L Stamper
YA Science Fiction, 2021 by NineStar Press, 285 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- One anticlimactic scene. Thankfully it was only one. But we built up to what felt like a big moment and then just POOF it was over with one line.
- The beginning caught me off guard a bit because I was dropped into a world I didn’t completely understand. It took me rereading a few paragraphs again, but I caught on eventually.
- There is a VERY snarky, VERY sarcastic MC in this one. Sometimes she says things that she really shouldn’t. If that bothers you, call it a content warning.
What I Did Like:
- Love triangle with the ultimate SciFi twist? Ummmm yes please! Probably the most satisfying romance arc I’ve seen in a long time.
- Space and science and artificial intelligence all in one book. I mean this one is just LOADED with everything I love about science fiction.
- Well written action scenes. They move fast, they’re believable, and not everyone can hit everything they’re aiming for all the time. Realistic and amazing.
- Flawed characters. My personal favorite is snarky, grumpy Elora. As evidenced by my obsession with The Secret Garden, grumpy MCs will always have my heart.
Who Should Read This One:
- YA Science Fiction fans, get this one. It’s packed with everything you’ll love in one complex situation.
- YA Fantasy fans there’s enough to please you too! You’ll love the way this world is presented and the problems our MC finds herself in.
- Heck if you’re a fan of romance books that don’t play up the typical here are two perfect people in a typical heterosexual relationship angle, you’ll like this one too!
My Rating: 5 Stars
- I just really liked how all the aspects of this one smoothly came together into one amazing book that will appeal to so many. Give this one a read!