Revenge of Queen Rose by Valinora Troy
MG Fantasy, 2022 by Disresponsible Nodpots, 234 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Some slower parts. Nothing extreme, but there are parts that move slower than others.
- Paul’s chapters. They’re not particularly my favorite, although they throw back to the first book. I probably could’ve done without his portions altogether.
- Not a lot of Queen Rose, especially considering the title. Of course if you’re not a villain fan this likely won’t bother you at all.
What I Did Like:
- Great characters. Not only are my favorites from the first book back, there’s a new character I adored. Everyone has flaws and strengths, everyone works together well, and not everyone is what they seem.
- Adventure. Middle grade fantasy stories should be full of adventure and this one delivers. The adventure felt realistic and plausible in the best ways.
- Magical items, again. As it was last time, this one makes cool use of some magical items. I expected them to be the same items used in the same ways. I was pleased to find it’s not all just the same! There’s new items and new uses. Plus the little hint of what could be coming in book 3 is EXCITING.
Who Should Read This One:
- Middle grade readers who like adventure, action, and a little magic.
My Rating: 4 Stars.
- If you’re a fantasy fan, this is a great second book!