Hammer My Heart by Michelle Angelle
A Romance, 2022 by Michelle Angelle Books,266 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Perfect characters. I know it’s a typical romance thing and you guys eye roll at me everytime I list it as a negative thing, but it bothers me. These two main characters are both beautiful people with perfect bodies.
- The chauvinistic host was hard to read. It’s an intentional choice by the authors, I know, but that doesn’t make it easier to read. Honestly, he made me see red.
- The logistics that would have to go into a reality TV show filmed live or with only a little delay was always on my mind. Without spoiling anything, I can say this was an intentional choice not an oversight. But I think more time spent on talking about harried editors or notes about how tough this would have been would answer some more questions.
What I Did Like:
- The romance works. Good balance of sweet and spicy in a great way.
- The reality TV angle was good. Cute idea, nice twist, and the social media chapters help keep the premise of the show in mind. It all adds to the adorable nature of the book and helps to cultivate an enemies to lovers type idea.
- Sam. I like her personality and her strength. I like her dedication to her craft and the subtle ways her weaknesses come out. I also really liked her ingenuity, her snark, and the way she stands up for herself against the terrible host. Honestly, I knew I was going to like her when she wouldn’t let the terrible character slide past one instance of using the wrong name without correcting him.
Who Should Read This One:
- Romance fans. This is a cute premise and the romance works.
My Rating: 4 Stars
- Great contemporary romance.
Leave a Reply