Beneath the Snow by Kerri Davidson
A Science Fiction, 2020 by Kerri Davidson, 320 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There’s no second book and I would totally read more. That’s not to say it NEEDS more, just that I’d read it if there was!
- There are a lot of characters and names to keep track of. It didn’t slow me down much but there were a few times I had to pause and recall who this person was.
What I Did Like:
- High tension. This is an apocalyptic style SciFi and there’s exactly the right amount of tension for that. It kept me turning pages!
- Characters who grow and change. We would not all stay the same if the apocalypse hit and you can’t plan how you’d react. The author does a great job here of showing that with her characters.
- Realistic. Of course this level of snowfall and the consequences that would come with it are only speculation, but it’s well thought out and feels realistic.
Who Should Read This One:
- Apocalyptic fiction fans. One massive snow storm halts the entire town and traps a group indoors. It’s exactly the premise you’ll love!
- Contemporary fans who like strong characters. These characters are excellent and the way they grow is highlighted well.
My Rating: 5 Stars
- This is an EXCELLENT read that will appeal to a huge audience of multiple genres. It’s really well written and I HIGHLY recommend you rush out and get this one!