Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
YA Fantasy, 2010 by Margaret K McElderberry Books, 479 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Slow. This book dragged on and it was difficult to get through. There’s honestly not a lot of action for the page count and even after finishing it I was struggling to think of what events happened to take up those pages.
- I didn’t connect to the characters. They were all rather forgettable, honestly. Even when they seemed like they might have been developing personality, it was personality that already existed in the world of the Shadow Hunters via the previous serious by the same author. So they’re either flat or they’re copies of the old ones. Either way, that didn’t work for me.
- The romance (is it really a romance) didn’t work for me. Like AT ALL. Which is weird because so many people told me this was a fantasy romance. What? Really?
What I Did Like:
- I still like the idea behind the world of shadow hunters.
- I like the idea that this one was set in the late 1800s. I thought that was going to bring about a different side of the world and expose us to interesting changes and struggles.
Who Should Read This One:
- Honestly, I have no idea. There are people who absolutely love this one but it mostly seems to be people who love the nods to the original series and just didn’t want to leave that world.
My Rating: 2 Stars
- For me lack of plot and no connection to the characters is problematic.
Leave a Reply