The Choices We Make by Teresa Grabs
A Anthology, Independently Published in 2021, 239 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Lots of worlds I wanted to spend more time in! This, I suppose, is a good problem to have.
- Some stories fell flat or didn’t work for me. Of course when you have this many, that’s bound to happen. Not every story will please everybody!
- Some weird time jumps in a few stories. It occasionally seemed like we were fast forwarding over an important event. I get it, short story … but why mention it then?
What I Did Like:
- Distinct voices for many stories. I love that in an anthology! It shows the author’s range and really lets you enjoy the world of this short story.
- Many of these had a horror vibe that sort of reminded me of those old scary story books. So cool!
- Dialogue. The dialogue flows naturally, sometimes makes you laugh, and adds to the feel of the stories. I just enjoyed the way the dialogue for these stories helped set the unique tone of each story.
Who Should Read This One:
- Short story fans, specifically those who like weird or unexplained phenomena.
My Rating: 3 Stars
- Good collection overall!