Shadow Pandemic by HG Ahedi
A Science Fiction, Independently Published in 2021, 292 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Some grammatical or typographical errors. None major and I was able to easily figure out what was meant.
- A little too much telling (vs showing). I would’ve liked a little more emotion.
- The big reveal felt a little rushed. We spent a lot of time building up to this, I wanted it to linger a bit longer.
What I Did Like:
- Exciting from page 1. This is packed with intensity and action that sucked me right in.
- Dual storylines worked. You’re following two storylines less than a month apart but you know you’re drawing closer to that big event that will connect them all. It adds a sense of tension that really builds the story well!
- Enough science left in the science fiction to keep it realistic. It’s obviously not completely possible (thank any creator you believe in) but it’s rooted in things that are which makes it readable.
Who Should Read This One:
- Scifi fans, this is a great take on a zombie story that reads fast and intense.