Party by Tom Leveen
YA Contemporary, Originally published in 2010 by Random House, 240 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There are some storylines that don’t play out until later which means there are some characters you won’t like when their perspective chapter is done.
- CW: death, fighting, racial slurs, implied sex, and underage drinking.
What I Did Like:
- The point of this story was always to show that there is more going on with any one person than we know and it delivers on that message in a BIG way.
- There is no “main character”. Really this story is as much about Beckett as it is about Morrigan, Josh, and Antho. It’s about all of them. That’s brilliant.
Who Should Read This One:
- If you like realistic stories with BIG internal messages, get this one.
- Also if you have a chance to acquire the special edition with bonus content and after word from the author I highly recommend that. Jeff’s chapter was worth the read!
Leave a Reply