Deadline by Mira Grant
A Science Fiction, 2011 by Orbit, 584 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Some slower spots. Not many and none without a purpose, but worth noting anyway.
- This one lacks the political drama of the first book. Part of why I loved Feed was the way it seamlessly blended that with the horror of the zombie book, this one suffered for that missing component.
- Unanswered questions. Be ready with book 3. You’ll need it.
What I Did Like:
- OMG that ending was PERFECT. Like I-immediately-downloaded-book-3 kind of perfect.
- Shaun. I thoroughly enjoyed him in book 1. In this book he struggles with grief in such a realistic way that it broke my heart. The author did a great job here of bringing him to life and changing the way this book felt in comparison with book 1.
- Banter, sarcasm, and twists. As it was with the first one, you’ll find yourself laughing out loud at a zombie book.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of the first book, obviously.
- Fans of the zombie genre. The action and the focus on what the virus really is are worth the read.
My Rating: 4 Stars
- A great read. Now, onto book 3 …