The Words by A. Jade (Ashley Jade)
Romance, Independently Published in 2022, 676 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There were points where the bullying and fat-shaming that Lennon had to endure were a little too much for me. I know it was essential to telling her story, but I discovered my line in this book.
- I am not a fan of the storyline for Quinn. I’m still not sure what this specific line of writing brought to the story, it didn’t take away for me, but I didn’t see why it needed to be there. Maybe She is setting up a continuation of this world – i don’t know – but it was a no for me.
- This didn’t affect me, but there is a lot of Alcohol and drug abuse and some cheating so make sure these are things that don’t immediate get your blood boiling – because you will have to step away.
What I Did Like:
- This one surprised me. It tore my heart out, gave it back, and then shattered it. I was constantly wondering what was going to happen and then the ending – perfect, but not what I would have thought halfway through the read.
- I loved the side characters. Sometimes our side characters can fall through the cracks and get pushed to the side but these ones were written so well. They had depth and were really essential and involved in the story.
- I cannot say enough about the writing itself. There were so many points where I had tears in my eyes and felt the anguish and heartbreak of all the characters in this.
Who Should Read This One:
- Adult readers, anyone who isn’t triggered easily.