Z Resurrected from Half Light Publishing
A Horror Anthology, 2015, 315 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Not enough information from some stories. I’m specifically thinking of Riley V Resurrection which left me feeling completely lost. Is this really the fifth book in a series? That’s a weird choice for an anthology.
- Not all equal. As is typical for an anthology, these are not all the same. There are imbalances in skill and interest level across these six stories.
- Grammatical and formatting errors. Not in all stories and you can usually figure out what was meant.
What I Did Like:
- Some definite highlights (Panic and Pinky Swear were both well done).
- Some changes to the traditional zombie stereotype that WORK (Crystal skin, headaches before change) and make the stories feel different from each other.
- I like the variety. There’s a story from the POV of a dog, stories from all times out an outbreak (beginning, early, late), and a story from the zombies.
Who Should Read This One:
- Zombie fans. The variety here will work to keep you interested and may help you find authors whose longer books you’d enjoy!
My Rating: 3 star
- Individual stories would vary from 2-5 but as a collection I’m going 3 stars.
Leave a Reply