Dead Girl Running by Christina Dodd
A Mystery/Thriller, 2018 by HQN, 368 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Confusing at first … but I do think that was the point. You catch on pretty quickly to the idea even if you still feel like you have about a million questions.
- A LOT of character names are thrown at you. All the guests of the resort are named, the staff are named, you have siblings and husbands … It’s a lot. I honestly started basically skimming names and hoping a hint would come to tell me who this was and if they were important.
- There’s a lot going on and it’s a bit hard to keep track of all the details. It almost seemed like we followed too many threads in too short a time.
- That ending didn’t work for me. It was too cheesy.
- Content warning: abuse, death.
What I Did Like:
- The mystery surrounding the main character’s background was satisfying. It’s well done, interesting, and multi-layered.
- Kellan is an interesting character. She’s relatable and realistic.
Who Should Read This One:
- Readers who want to try thrillers without having something too scary might like this one.
My Rating: 3 stars
- I’d call this one thriller light. It’s not going to please die-hard readers of the genre but it’s got a lot going for it.