ShegoraTH by Dima Tsyptsiura
A Short Story Anthology, Independently Published in 2022, 120 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- The formatting is stilted and clumsy. It gives the narrative an odd pace. I can understand some strange line breaks for poetry but the flash fiction would’ve been better served in paragraph form.
- There’s nothing to grab onto in the short stories. I didn’t feel connected or intrigued by many of them and they lack characters for you to be invested in.
- Some shorts are in Ukrainian. My kindle is not completely accurate at translating Ukrainian, apparently. There were phrases that wouldn’t translate. While this didn’t affect my rating, it is worth mentioning.
What I Did Like:
- The poems are well done. The line breaks were oddly formatted in ebook, but the general emotion and language worked.
- The message is pretty. I do understand why the author put this collection together, which is nice.
Who Should Read This One:
- Poetry fans and fans of flash fiction.