Black Crow Flies by LB Perdan
YA Fantasy, 2023 by LB Perdan, 378 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Some of the book felt a bit preachy. I’m sure it was intentional as one of our characters is a religious person, but if you’re a reader who is sensitive to being preached at, consider it a content warning.
- Some typographical errors in my ARC that will likely get caught/fixed in pub.
- Some of the imagery feels borrowed from some other high fantasy. It’s not overdone, but it’s there.
What I Did Like:
- The dual POV focusing on two people with two very different philosophies was a good way to see both sides of this world. It’s well done and interesting.
- Great ending to spark interest in book 2. You got enough answers to be satisfied but you want more from these characters!
- Characters! They’re deep, flawed, and realistic. I love them all and I want the best for them, even if they aren’t always on the same sides.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fantasy fans, this one is a beautiful dual POV story with excellent world building.