The Wife Before by Shanora Williams
Mystery/Thriller, 2022 by Dafina Books (Kensington publishing), 305 pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- The beginning was a little slow, and about the first 50-75 pages were really hard to keep my attention. Once it got past those i was happy for the setup in the beginning and the slow start, but it was tough to push past.
- There were a few editing errors that I noticed along the way. One in particular, given the nature of this book, could lead the audience to jump to a conclusion or confuse them more. I slowed down and read it again and discovered it was more than likely an accident, and it didn’t take away from the story overall.
What I Did Like:
- Right from the start of this book I was sure I knew what I was reading. Then as we got deeper into this story, It became clear I had no idea. This made for an amazing read, and once I got sucked in …200 pages in one afternoon. Literally could not put it down.
- The character development for me was on point and refreshing. In the first 20 pages I would have told you(and did) that I did not like the main character, Samira, she was spoiled and immature, and I couldn’t relate to her. But Shanora did an amazing job of turning her around and making me really like her and feel what she was feeling through the entire story.
Who Should Read This One:
- Anyone who wants to be left guessing the whole time. If you like to try and figure out what is happening this one would be great for you, and let me know if you guess it early
Leave a Reply