Broken Bonds by J. Bree
Paranormal Romance, Independently published in 2021 , 418 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There were no trigger warnings listed or suggested. I checked the kindle version as well as the paperback and I didn’t see any. This book is not full of triggers but I am a firm believer in trigger warnings, even if just on the author’s website.
- The Male main character(s) yes that is plural, this is a reverse Harem. As of right now there are 5 male main characters and I really dislike 2 of them and absolutely hate 1. If it wasn’t for the other characters I don’t know that I would be as intrigued and continue reading. Hoping that turns around and that this is by design for the series.
What I Did Like:
- I was intrigued by this one right from the prologue. There were so many questions I had from those two pages, that I had to keep reading.
- LOVE Oli from the start. She comes in as strong, protective, fierce and funny. She obviously has some flaws but I was rooting for her right from the beginning.
- This was the perfect starting book for a series. We find out so much information that things make sense, but still I have so many questions at the end of this one that I cannot wait to read the second one (already ordered). I love the way that the author has pulled us into the world yet kept some things a secret.
Who Should Read This One:
- If you like paranormal romance this is a must.
- If you like Romance or paranormal and want to branch out try it. This will not disappoint.
My Rating: 3 stars
- The ONLY reason this one is getting 3 stars for me is because it will most appeal to a specific group of people.
Leave a Reply