Someday, Sometime, a Genie Awaits by Andrei Saygo
A Fantasy, Independently Published in 2022, 94 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There are a few spots where we learn something off-hand about our main character’s past that feels jarring. I wanted to know about his past but I wanted more detail, I think.
- Too many unanswered questions. I like to be kept thinking but in this case I wanted more answers. Is there a sequel? I’d read the sequel!
- The jumps are shocking. They’re supposed to be, they are for the MC, but it makes the reader feel lost.
What I Did Like:
- The concept is fantastic. This was such a fun take on the genie stories! More modernized and adjusted to be nothing like the old “here’s the rules, make your wishes” style tale.
- Lions. I’m definitely the kind of person who would die treating a lion like a kitten so I loved seeing a lion character act like a kitty!
- Food descriptions made me hungry but I loved it!
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of genie tales who want a fast version with a fresh take.
My Rating: 3 Stars
- Well done but I definitely wanted more!