Shampoo & Conditioner by M.L. Ortega
A Mystery/Thriller, Independently Published in 2022, 101 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- The story is very bare bones. The plot is the focus, which is fine, but you don’t get many chances to connect with the characters. It feels like a rushed story.
- This is Book 2. While it’s not completely necessary to read book 1 first, there were moments when I wished for more character background, which likely came in book 1. I’m not sure if I would’ve felt more connected to people if I had read book 1.
- There are spelling and grammatical mistakes that need some attention. It’s mildly distracting.
What I Did Like:
- The mystery is satisfying. I didn’t have it all figured out and that is always good.
- There is a solid setup here for a character who could be fun to follow.
Who Should Read This One:
- Mystery fans who want something quick.
My Rating: 2 Stars
- It’s a very quick read but the mystery works. As is, I’m saying it’s mildly problematic. With a little editing or more flushing out of the characters this one would be even better.
Leave a Reply