Some of it was Real by Nan Fischer
A Contemporary, 2021 by Berkley, 304 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- I never like opening stories with the “getting ready” scene. But I will say it’s one short chapter and chapter 2 more than makes up for it.
- There are some grammatical errors here. Not enough to pull me out of the story but enough to make me pause and figure out what the author meant.
- I wanted a tiny bit more justice at the end. That’s all I’m saying (no spoilers).
What I Did Like:
- LOVE the premise. I adore books with psychics. I just love the idea of being able to see things other people can’t and what the characters will do with that.
- Ending. I LOVE the ending. It leaves enough to the imagination to keep me thinking of these characters for a long time. It’s beautiful.
- The characters are wonderful. They have different voices, which makes it easy to keep them straight when reading their chapters and their dynamic works!
- The mystery surrounding Sylvie’s past is awesome. I was engrossed in the journey right along with her.
Who Should Read This One:
- Psychic story fans. At its roots this is a story about a psychic-medium being questioned on the genuine nature of her talent and it’s well done.
- Romance fans, specifically enemies to lovers fans. Although, be warned, this isn’t a typical romance which means we aren’t bound by the “rules” of romance.
- Mystery fans. If you like unraveling buried truths, this story delivers!
My Rating: 5 Stars
- With so much to love, this will appeal to a huge variety of readers!
Leave a Reply