My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing
A Mystery/Thriller, 2019 by Berkley, 390 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- This is a dark book: death, implied torture, and overall bad people. Consider it a content warning if you need it.
- Not a likable character in the cast. This can be a problem for some readers so if that’s you, beware.
What I Did Like:
- Very intriguing opening chapter. I love when stories start off feeling like one tired old cliche and then flip things. You always know you’ll be in for a fun ride when that happens!
- The ending. Absolutely my favorite kind of ending. It’ll stick with me, it gives you enough but leaves you thinking, and it’s dramatic.
- I didn’t see all the twists. I had a few figured out but not all of them. That, of course, is the best part of a thriller like this!
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of You, or other dark mystery books/shows.
- Unreliable narrator fans.
My Rating: 4 Stars
- Dark and intriguing, this one was quite the ride!