Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks
Romance, 2014 by Harper Collins, 304 pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- The twist towards the end was foreseeable, given that we had started to learn about our antagonist. This story was trying to give the thriller/suspense vibes but it fell flat for me on that one
- I didn’t connect with Ramie as a character. She seemed so strong in the beginning, but as the story went on she changed too much. Also, she went from not being able to touch anyone for fear of her abilities to just grabbing someone immediately following a traumatic event. This didn’t seem to follow in line with how she had been handling people.
What I Did Like:
- Within the first few chapters it is clear that the two main characters love each other so much, it’s cute and really a feel good lovey feeling for them
- The Paranormal/Psychic aspect of this was explained in such great detail and in a way that really made it plausible. You also feel so much for Ramie(FMC) and what she’s been experiencing because the detail and depth is so well written.
Who Should Read This One:
- Anyone who wants to try dipping their toes into very lite suspense or romance.
My Rating: 2 stars
Leave a Reply