Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult
A Contemporary, 2021 by Ballantine, 310 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Content warning of sorts: if you’re not in the frame of mind to read about the COVID pandemic, skip this one.
- I’ve never been one to enjoy cheating of any kind in a book. Consider that a content warning if you feel the same way.
- I’m not sure I loved the ending. It’s weird because I can’t explain what I wanted different for the ending, but I just wanted a little more.
What I Did Like:
- The characters are well written. I found myself invested in their futures and their decisions.
- I love to be surprised by books. I love when they take me completely by surprise. For this reason, this book will be one I keep recommending to people. I didn’t see something big coming and it SHOCKED me.
- Those chapter breaks were genius. Literally just as I was thinking, man these chapters are really long, there was an obvious use of them as a literary tool and that was COOL.
Who Should Read This One:
- Readers who like to be shocked by a book should do no further research (avoid those spoilers) and get this one.
- Readers who are in the mindset to read about the COVID pandemic.
My Rating: 4 Stars
- This started off one way and flipped the story around for me completely.
Leave a Reply