The Road Home by Kerri Davidson and Mark Gelinas
YA Contemporary, 2022 by Kerri Davidson, 274 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- It’s difficult to pull off a romance that continues after the happy-for-now ending. This suffered from some of that awkwardness and you attempted to figure out what this story is about now.
- The pacing was a bit stilted in this one. Some parts felt like fast forwarding through events and then we’d slow down for a bit. It isn’t consistent.
- I really REALLY don’t like Trixie. While I know that’s the point, I’m ready for her to be out of this story all together.
What I Did Like:
- I still ADORE these two. I want only good things for them and they feel incredibly realistic.
- I love that the awkward vibe we were feeling matched what they were feeling. The relationship is new, things are changing, no one really knows what this is.
- Realistic. This story follows an almost relatable journey. It doesn’t feel fake, it almost feels recapped from real life. I enjoyed that!
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of the first one who loved the characters, obviously.
- Readers who enjoy stories set in the 90s.
- Readers who like adorable contemporary style stories of first love.