The Great Forest by Valinora Troy
MG Fantasy, 2023 by Disresponsible Nodpots, 198 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There’s a lot going on since the kids are not all together. This requires you to really focus and keep track.
- Repetition. Some ideas are repeated, which is common in middle grade. It can get mildly annoying.
What I Did Like:
- Great characters behaving like actual children. They make childlike decisions that kids will understand. It’s wonderful!
- Adventure. This book, like the ones before it, is packed with plenty of adventure and danger.
- Excellent ending to the trilogy. Each book has added something but this one just caps the journey beautifully.
Who Should Read This One:
- MG adventure fans will appreciate this entire series. Start with The Lucky Diamond and enjoy!
- MG fantasy fans will love the world building of this trilogy!
My Rating: 5 Stars
Well balanced and sure to appeal to a mass audience.