Escape by James Patterson
A Mystery/Thriller, 2022 by Little Brown, 448 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Harney is not my favorite character. He’s crass, not nearly as funny as he thinks he is, and a little chauvinistic.
- Again, I could do without the comedy routines (I said this after book 2).
- Suspend your disbelief of some police procedures and recovery time for injuries. This definitely isn’t all accurate in those fields.
What I Did Like:
- The mystery itself is satisfying. There’s a lot more to it than it seems at first, making the journey to figure it out exciting.
- The ending is great. It comes together well and it leaves you with open questions to keep you intrigued in the next book.
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of the previous Harney books, who maybe did enjoy the comedy routines sprinkled in. Not sure if this one’s for you? Try Black Book first. Actually, Black Book was GREAT. Just don’t bother with the rest of the series unless you really like Harney because the rest of the cast becomes only minor characters after that one.
My Rating: 2 Stars
- For me, the comedy routines and the lack of a character I actually liked make this one problematic.