Someone once told me you can learn a lot about a person by looking in their refrigerator. So I tackled the question; What’s in your Fridge?
As the resident grocery shopper in the household, I’m the most cutout to answer this particular question. I’m not even going to get up off my seat on the couch to answer this one, I’ll do it from memory.
- There’s an open half gallon of milk and an unopen half gallon. Why not a full gallon? Well the second one expires about a week after the first. We don’t drink it fast enough to go through a gallon before it expires.
- 2 gallons of chocolate almond milk (one of them is probaby open) and a gallon of vanilla almond milk (maybe open). This probably explains how we manage to not go through enough “regular” milk.
- 3 flavored coffee creamers (2 pumpkin and 1 hazelnut)
- Probably about ½ a dozen eggs
- An open soft, spreadable butter and an unopen one hiding behind that.
- 3 Sticks of butter for baking (‘tis the season)
- Fresh brewed iced tea
- Leftovers, conveniently packaged for lunches
- Yellow Onions
- Green Onions
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Probably a single cucumber
- Maybe some lemons
- Coconut flavored seltzer water
- Cheese. So much cheese, man. Probably 3 blocks of mild cheddar waiting to be shredded, a small bag of recently shredded, a block of parmesan half shredded, maybe some recently shredded mozzarella, sliced cheddar, sliced colby-jack, sliced white american, and one of those green containers of pre-shredded parmesan.
- Grape Jelly that’s probably sticky from kids making their own sandwiches.
- Homemade honey mustard
- Homemade tartar sauce
- A hidden jar of tartar sauce in case the homemade was awful
- Mayonnaise, probably almost gone (it’s always almost gone)
- A container of gravy useful for spoiling the dog
- Celery (maybe)
- 1 ½ blocks of cream cheese
- An open Caesar dressing
- An open Ranch dressing
I think that’s about it! Or at least that’s the end of the things I feel confident naming without vacating my warm spot on the couch. Your turn; What’s in your Fridge?
Leave a Reply