Heroes by Brendan Cupp (Editor)
A Anthology, 2022 from Lost Boys Press, 385 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- As with any anthology, there are a few stories that weren’t really my style. But I’m sure that’s different than the ones that would be YOUR style … and that’s the beauty of anthologies.
- There were definitely some myths/legends that I didn’t recognize. It would be neat to have a reference or inspiration nod somewhere (even on a website) where I could do more digging if I wanted.
What I Did Like:
- Some of the stories were AMAZING. Specifically, I adored The Call and Behind the Mask. They sucked me right in and the vibe was wonderful.
- I did get excited if I recognized the myth/legend a story was based on. I think I literally cheered when the title for the Robin Hood story came up.
- This is really a diverse collection of stories, which means there’s something for everyone!
Who Should Read This One:
- If you like short stories, give these a go! You are SURE to find something in here that you like.
- If you’re a fan of mythology and like when those stories are played with a little, PREORDER THIS ONE ALREADY. What are you waiting for? It was practically written FOR YOU.
My Rating: 4 Stars.
The formatting was great, the central theme is awesome, and if you like short stories this is for you!