Enclave by Ann Aguirre
YA Science Fiction, 2011 by Feiwel and Friends, 259 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- The fight scenes are awkward and choppy.
- We’ve heard this story before. It has parts of so many dystopian stories that I’ve read and nothing overly original stands out to me.
- The romance ARC felt forced and awkward. Then the triangle aspect was even more forced and awkward.
What I Did Like:
- The way the characters were named was cool. I enjoyed attempting to guess what object may have led to the naming of new characters.
- The ending works as a lead in to what I assume is a sequel that already exists. It makes it pretty clear this part of the story is over and hints at what may be coming next.
- I do like Deuce as a character. She’s strong, smart, and focused. She puts other people ahead of herself and isn’t embarrassed to admit when something is new to her.
Who Should Read This One:
- Dystopian fans who want that mesh of underground society meets zombies meets survival story.
Leave a Reply