A Wish Too Dark and Kind by ML Blackbird
A Horror, 2021 by Little Blackbird LLC, 370 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Too many characters are introduced too quickly. I got confused early and never fully sorted out who was who, honestly.
- Not horror. Horror familiar characters but not horror. I actually think if you go into this expecting high fantasy you’ll enjoy it better.
- The audiobook narrator attempts different voices. Many of them are delivered in a sort of stage whisper, making it very difficult to get the volume right on your audiobook. This didn’t affect my review, but it’s worth noting.
What I Did Like:
- Interesting premise. A bunch of immortals are invited to an event without really knowing why sounds like a fascinating version of Clue.
- Cover is beautiful.
Who Should Read This One:
- Readers who follow complicated storylines and large casts may enjoy this one more than I did.
My Rating: 2 Stars
- For me this one needed tightening to bring it all together.