The Golden Boys by Rachel Jonas, Nikki Thorne
New Adult Romance, 2020 Published independently
What I Didn’t Like:
- This didn’t apply for me personally but MAKE SURE TO CHECK TRIGGER WARNINGS. This book does have a few darker themes throughout, violence and bullying, so as with most romance check before you read.
- This doesn’t take away from the story but this is a new adult, newly 18, high school romance. So the main characters are seniors in high school.
- The MMC, West, doesn’t have a ton of redeeming qualities, which makes it a little difficult to hold out for him.
What I Did Like:
- The story was interesting and the multiple POV kept you understanding why everything was happening the way it was. The plot moved along well and every chapter was important to move the story forward.
- The strong female main character. Blue Riley has come from rough beginnings and she is definitely fighting for herself in this book. You know right from the start that this girl is not to be messed with and I loved it. She brings sass and a backbone to this story that is refreshing to read.
- The ending. This book ends on a cliffhanger and it is a good one. I didn’t see it coming at all. She gives nothing away, and after I read it I even went back slightly to see if I missed something but no, she is just great at that twist ending.
Who Should Read This One:
- Romance readers who don’t mind a little edgy nature.