Feed by Mira Grant
A Science Fiction, 2010 by Orbit, 600 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Content warning: blood, disease, nastiness, and death.
- The blog entries were fine but I could’ve done without most of them. I will say I paid ZERO attention to the dates on them so if those mattered … oops.
What I Did Like:
- Part horrific scenario, part political drama, part social commentary, part science fiction (featuring a bit of viral science left in the fiction) this book will please a lot of readers. It’s amazing to see all of these components smoothly come together.
- The banter and dialogue is riddled with humor. I kept laughing out loud at a zombie book packed with horror. That is so rare! It added to the enjoyable and readable nature of this book.
- OMG that ending. I won’t spoil anything but that ending was absolutely perfect.
- The characters. Their drive for the truth and love for each other made them relatable and real. They’re so well written you’ll feel like you know them.
Who Should Read This One:
- So many people! Science fiction fans who like science to play a big role in their fiction. Zombie fans. Political drama fans … I know it seems like a book you wouldn’t pick up but TRUST ME. Young adult readers will like the banter but adult readers will enjoy the lessons and the political angle. This really is something for everyone.
My Rating: 5 Stars
- I expected this to be good but it was more than that. This one was EPIC. Absolutely recommend.