Until Next Year by Michelle Angelle
A Romance, Independently Published in 2021, 195 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Starting mid scene was jarring (in this case) and made me feel like I might have missed something. That feeling goes away quickly though.
- There’s a lot of characters thrown around at once with the many siblings and then a party scene. It was very difficult to keep track of everyone. I’m pretty sure I forgot most of them and latched on to the ones I thought would be important. There kept being people popping in and out of scenes, too. I basically stuck to remembering the major core group.
- You’re “best friends” but you talk once a year? I think I wanted more background and proof of that, honestly. But that’s a small thing.
What I Did Like:
- Adorable romance. The characters are cute, the romance is believable, and you root for them.
- Slow burn will-they-won’t-they. If you like this trope, this is an example of it done well.
- Great friend group. In general all the major characters are awesome. They have witty banter, they’re candid and honest, and they’re fun. I’d be friends with this group!
Who Should Read This One:
- Romance fans who like the will-they-won’t-they trope and want a quick read!
My Rating: 4 Stars
- This one is well done and has a great cast of characters!