Lord of the Wind by Mae McKinnon
YA Fantasy, 2022 by Dragonquill Publishing, 488 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Slow. There are parts of this one that drag and slow down to show the passage of time. It makes for awkward pacing.
- Lots of characters. I found it hard to keep up with all of them, honestly.
- Main idea. I had trouble putting into words what this one was about for someone when I was reading it. There’s a world and characters who take a journey, but it is hard to describe the main plot.
What I Did Like:
- Dry humor. I’m a fan of sarcasm in characters and a few of those delivered!
- Animals and creatures. They’re intriguing and well written! I was fascinated by the variety of living things in this world.
- Footnotes. They don’t always work on my Kindle but these ones opened just fine. Plus, they’re the source of a lot of the snark and dry humor so I recommend them!
Who Should Read This One:
- Epic fantasy fans who enjoy being immersed in well developed worlds.