Resurrection by MC Hunton
A Fantasy, 2021 by Underground Press, 392 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- Tiny minor thing that I only mention because no book is perfect … it’s weird not to have the author’s name on the spine. Of course, I know there’s already a new cover so maybe that’s remedied?
- Content Warning: Blood and gore, death, language.
What I Did Like:
- Great opening! I liked Darius right away and following him through the market was a great way to get introduced to the setting.
- The supernatural twist was explained well. It’s plausible without being heavy handed. It’s interesting and it contains enough that you’re familiar with to hook you in. Plus you realize how much of an expert on the topic you’ve become when something is revealed and you literally GASP.
- The ending was spectacular. I didn’t have it all figured out, I loved where it is headed, and I’ve already ordered book 2.
- Well written, well edited, and well formatted.
Who Should Read This One:
- Dystopian fans. I know normally this isn’t what you think of when you think dystopian … but I think it’ll get your attention.
- Fantasy fans, specifically those who like the addition of epic good/evil creatures who have been alive for centuries.
My Rating: 5 Stars
- This is absolutely a book I’d feel comfortable handing to someone who doesn’t normally read this genre just because it’s so well done! Seriously great book.
Leave a Reply