Ashes of Hope and Hunger by Dawn Christine Jonckowski
YA Science Fiction, Independently Published in 2021, 270 Pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- There are characters here that are not good people. It’s the point, of course, but worth earning readers about. Some of these characters will make you mad.
- You’ll want more. I mean, there is more since this is book 2 in a trilogy, but you’ll want it!
What I Did Like:
- I LOVE these characters! I love the way they communicate, the way they feel about each other, and the way they banter.
- The storyline is perfect. After the first book (which worked as a standalone) you needed something just different enough to grab your attention. This is that book.
- I love a good rebellion story. I didn’t expect this to be that but it really is in the best way.
- Big messages. There’s messages buried here about how we treat people different from us, global colonization, and even about love. It’s really well done without being heavy handed.
- That ending! Wow. Shocked me completely. I’m ready for book 3 now!
Who Should Read This One:
- Fans of space books or books about alien planets.
- Readers who like a little romance and a lot of realism in their Scifi.
- Fantasy fans who aren’t opposed to space travel elements.
My Rating: 5 Stars
- Read this one!