The final crop of book reviews for February just dropped on the YouTube channel and that means it’s time for a little behind-the-scenes information.
Age Category: 1 Childrens, 2 YA, 2 Adult
A children’s book! Aren’t you proud of me? This is my first children’s book of 2020.
Author’s Gender: 3 Male, 2 Female
First time all year I’ve read more males than females in a five-book span.
Genres: 2 Fantasy, 1 Each of Contemporary, Science Fiction, and Humor.
Humor? FUN! I didn’t really know what else to classify the comic book that I read this time around.
Indie Authors? 2 Yes and 3 No
I’m enjoying how often I’m reading indie authors. It’s great to read these amazing books and have the authors as excited to see them featured as I am to feature them!
Total Pages Read: 1090
Average Pages Per Book: 218 (That’s LOW)
Ratings: 2, 4, 4, 5, 5
Good books in this crop!
Publication Dates: 1966, 1988, 2018, 2018, 2020
I dug into that old back list this time around. Fun to see a 1966 release and a 2020 release on the same review board!
Book Notes That Didn’t Make the Video
- I listened to this one as an audiobook which I borrowed from my library. You’re probably noticing I do that a lot with traditionally published books.
- This one was added to my TBR awhile back on the recommendation of someone else. They were raving about the literary elements in this one and how beautiful the language was.
- I may have mentioned in the video that this audiobook was narrated by Jeremy Irons. This is a completely off-topic fun fact. I loved Jeremy Irons in Man in the Iron Mask. I recognized his voice immediately from that.
- Anyway, get yourself a copy here.
- I read this one as an ebook which the author sent me through my review request tab on this website.
- I didn’t immediately love the cover of this one (ahem: don’t judge books by their covers) but I loved the description. That’s why I agreed to review it.
- I was probably less than 30 pages in before this one had me totally hooked. It grabs you FAST!
- Get yourself a copy here.
Don’t Check Out This Book
- I read this one as an ebook which I received from NetGalley. I don’t recommend this one as an ebook (I think I said that on the video). Get the real book.
- I requested to be an advanced reviewer for this one because the title is VERY eye catching and because that cover is simple but great. So, one book this time around teaches us NOT to judge by covers and one rewards me for doing just that. Books are weird.
- Anyway, preorder your copy here.
The Chronicles of Henny, Volume 2
- I read this as a paperback which I won in a giveway the author was running on Twitter.
- I’d previously read (and rated three stars) the Chronicles of Henny Volume 1, although you certainly don’t HAVE to read them in order.
- I consider the author of this series to be a friend on Twitter. She’s hilarious, honest, and open. You should follow her, too. @bagoflettuce
- Grab yourself a copy here.
Flowers for Algernon
- I listened to this one as an audiobook which I borrowed from my library.
- I actually had this audiobook on hold with my library for over 18 weeks. That’s how popular this title is. I didn’t mind waiting and YES I returned it as soon as I was done to keep the next person’s wait as short as possible.
- Grab yourself a copy here.
Without further ado, here’s that video I’ve been hyping. Enjoy and thanks for being here.