Happy March 5th. Guess what? I already read five books in March. I know, I know… that’s insane. Reading is my happy place. Honestly. It’s what I do when I’m stressed. It makes me happy.
Anyway, let’s hit those facts.
Age Category: 2 MG, 2 YA, 1 A
This is the biggest crop of middle grade books (so far) in 2020. YAY!
Author’s Gender: 3 Female, 2 Male
Honestly, why do I still track this? It’s never equal and I don’t pay attention to it when I’m choosing a book.
Genres: 1 Fantasy, 1 Romance, 1 Contemporary, 2 Mystery/Thriller
Pretty good sampling of my most common genres.
Indie Authors: 2 Yes, 3 No
That’s as close as you get to even when we’re talking about five books.
Total Pages Read: 1277
Average Pages Per Book: 255 (still low, been low all 2020 so far)
Ratings: 5, 4, 3, 3, 2
Not bad at all.
Publication Dates: 2011, 2019, 2019, 2019, 2020
Young group of books this time around.
Book Notes That Didn’t Make the Video
Queen of Nothing
- Borrowed this hardcover from my local library.
- I read The Cruel Prince (Folk of the Air 1) from the library as well, years ago. It was GREAT. Then when The Wicked King came out, I signed up for Audible (for the first time) and downloaded that as my free title ON THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED. I finished that entire audio book in ONE DAY. I loved it. I delayed this one (it’s been out since 2019) partially because I wasn’t ready for the series to end.
- Grab yourself a copy here.
The First I Do
- I received an electronic copy of this book from the author through the review request page of this website.
- You probably already know (especially if you’re a watcher of the channel or a regular blog reader) that I’m NOT a big romance book fan. I like side romance, but as a main plot I often find it problematic. I’m also not an overly religious person. Those things probably influenced my rating a bit.
- Grab yourself a copy here.
The Bike Thief
- The narrator of this audio book sent me a code to download this one free through the review request page of this website.
- This book didn’t appear on my official March TBR despite being a review request because it came through after my TBR had already been made. My wait list for audio book reviews is really short, so I was able to squeeze it in.
- This is the same narrator who brought A Pale Shade of Winter (which I previously rated 5 stars) to life!
- Grab yourself a copy of this one here.
The Sweeney Sisters
- This was an electronic Advanced Reader Copy from the publisher and Netgalley.
- This was a difficult book for me to rate. I felt really strongly about the things I didn’t like and the things I liked, both pulling me in different directions. There were scenes I love that I feel like I will remember for a long time and then there were scenes where I was yelling at the book (and not because you were supposed to be angry).
- Preorder your copy here.
Guys Read Thriller
- I borrowed this hardcover from my local library.
- The short story that earned the Lowest Rated Book on my TBR shield, which appears in this anthology, was on my original Nook over five years ago (the book came out in 2011). I don’t remember ever reading it. It just sat there on my Nook. Then my Nook battery started failing, I stopped using it, and I lost it. When I found it about a year ago I added all the books I still was interested in reading back to the TBR.
- Anyway, grab yourself a copy of this anthology here.
Most of the juicy information about what I liked and didn’t like can be found right here on this video. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply