I’ve finished my next set of book reviews for May. Let’s dive in.
Age Category: 3 Adult, 2 YA
I haven’t read a MG or a Children’s book in awhile, have I? Maybe I should try and remedy that soon.
Author’s Gender: 2 M, 3 F
Genres: 1 Science Fiction, 2 Contemporary, 1 Romance, 1 Mystery/Thriller
Completely typical for me
Indie Authors: 2 Y, 3 N
Again, as close to 50/50 as you can get for reading 5 books in a round.
Total Pages Read: 1,583
Average Pages per Book: 316
Ratings: 2, 3, 3, 3, 5
That’s a lot of niche books. This seems like a good time to remind you that I rate books a 3 if they are good but will not appeal to all readers of their marketed genre. Really, only one book on this list was problematic.
Book Notes That Didn’t Make the Video
Duckett & Dyer
- I hated the title of this book right from the beginning. I don’t really know why. Normally rhyming works for me. This time, it didn’t. Maybe it’s because I’ve always hated the idea of private detectives called Dicks. I don’t know.
- I liked the cover. Blue is one of my favorite colors and this shade is cool. If I were judging books by their covers, I probably would’ve grabbed this one anyway.
- Support indie authors and grab yourself a copy here.
Sex, Death, God
- I’m a HUGE fan of this author and I follow him on all social media. So, years ago, when he was doing a join-his-mailing list and get this book promotion, I did it! But, like a dork, I downloaded it and promptly forgot I ever did that. Flash forward to January, when I found it on the computer and BOOM it got added to the TBR. So glad I finally read this one.
- I don’t know what it is about this author. He is able to make my usually cold, dead heart FEEL things in his books. It’s scary.
- Support indie authors and grab yourself a copy of the brand new title (same book) here. PSST at the time of publishing this blog you can grab this title FREE by clicking the link. What are you waiting for?
Me Before You
- I listened to this one as an audiobook from my library. It wasn’t on the May official TBR, it was just an available audiobooks. Have I mentioned my audiobook waiting list is MUCH shorter than my regular waiting list?
- I’ve seen the movie. The movie was ok, I’m a HUGE fan of Emilia Clarke. Ugh, does that mean the movie is better than the book? No, probably not. They’re probably tied.
- Grab yourself a copy here.
- This was an electronic Advanced Reader Copy from NetGalley. I didn’t actually remember signing up for this one, but the cover was fun so that may have had a lot to do with my decision. Yes, I likely judged a book by the cover. What? We all do it.
- I was born in 1981. So I was 10 when this book was set. Meaning even I was a bit young for some of these references, which is a scary thought.
- Preorder your copy here.
The Weight of Silence
- This was an electronic copy I borrowed from my local library after it earned a shield for oldest book on my TBR. It had been on my TBR for 2 years or something crazy like that. I think it was added from a recommendation because I liked something similar.
- The version I was working from had a different cover than I used for the video. The cover I had looked a LOT like something I previously read. So much so that I tripled checked that I didn’t read this one already. I ended up scouring my “Read” shelf on Goodreads to figure out what book I was thinking of. Their covers were REALLY close.
- Grab yourself a copy here.
Check out the full reviews.
Leave a Reply