- 11 Books
- 3,771 Pages
- 121 Pages per day (YAY to a return to making the unofficial goal)
I don’t have official reading per day/month goals. I have a year long goal (104 books) which breaks down to 2 per week. Sometimes I’m ahead. Sometimes I’m behind. Also, in a perfect world I’d read about 100 pages a day (preference) but sometimes life gets in the way. So when I reference my silent goals or my unofficial goals … I probably mean these.
- 2 Fantasy
- 2 Anthology
- 2 Mystery/Thriller
- 2 Historical Fiction
- 1 Contemporary
- 1 Romance
- 1 Nonfiction
Whoa, that’s quite the range … even for me.
- 2 Young Adult
- 9 Adult
Hey, the good news is that I’m bringing at least one middle grade book into September. It just came up on the Book Wheel!
WHERE DID I GET MY BOOKS?
- 6 Borrowed from the library or someone else
- 1 Advanced Reader Copies or Review Copies from publishers or authors
- 4 Purchased outright over the years
I’m really trying to make an effort to get through the backlist. Most of the ones I’ve been borrowing from the library are backlist titles that have been on my TBR forever.
Let’s look at that nifty format graph I always have …
Pretty neat. The borrowed bars are high, which usually means traditionally published will be high too. Let’s check.
- 3 Independently Published
- 1 Traditionally Published Advanced Reader Copies
- 7 Backlist Titles
Need a Rec?
5 Star Run Out and Get These Books:
- The Calculating Stars, Science Fiction. Part historical fiction, part dystopian science fiction, this book combines the best of both genres in a great way. You’ll travel back to the 1950s but an alternate timeline featuring a United States devastated by a meteorite and creating the space program for survival.
4 Star Worth Reading if you like this Genre:
- Finding Chika, Nonfiction. A heartwarming story about a young girl born in Haiti who travels to the United States for medical treatment and the family who loved her.
- Great Wars, Anthology. This collection is a great way to explore war in many forms. Featuring a few Greek mythology inspired tales, some fantasy takes, and a lot of great lessons.