Kill Your Darlings by LE Harper
A Fantasy, 2023 by Shivnath Productions, 320 Page
What I Didn’t Like:
- The emphasis on body temperature gets old quickly. While I do agree you can feel warmth from emotions, it’s mentioned a bit too much.
- It’s a heavy book. I couldn’t read quickly because the weight of the depression got to be too much sometimes.
- Some of the fight scenes felt repetitive.
What I Did Like:
- Read the author’s note. It’s a content warning as well as a love letter from the author celebrating the reasons for this book. It’s worth the read.
- Wonderful opening chapter! The entire concept is intriguing, the characters are amazing, and it’s well written. I was absolutely HOOKED after one chapter.
- Well written. Good imagery, good world building, and good fight scenes. Just generally beautiful language.
Who Should Read This One:
- This one will appeal to a LOT of readers. If you like high fantasy, if you like mental health rep in your books, if you like the concept of an author literally visiting their fantasy worlds, if you like darker redemption arcs … really, if you can handle the content warning, read this book.
My Rating: 5 Stars
- Well written, important, and highly recommended.