5 Rounds by Nikki Castle
Sports Romance , 2021 published by Nikki Castle, 422 pages
What I Didn’t Like:
- In the beginning it seemed as if this was going to be an enemies to lovers with forced proximity. I wouldn’t classify it as that, i would say it was forced proximity but not enemies to lovers. They really more just annoy each other in a cute and fun way.
- In the beginning Tristan was a little too much to handle at times. He made it very clear how he felt about woman and I had to just keep telling myself that there had to be a shift. For some people his attitude and comments could be a bit much.
What I Did Like:
- The backstory for the reason why they needed to move in together was setup in a good way. For someone who normally doesn’t like forced proximity I was okay with this one because of the back story.
- The amount of detail that went into the MMA portion of the plot was AMAZING. The MMA “stuff” was so on point and even for someone who doesn’t know a lot about that sport it added to the whole plot and made it so enjoyable for me. Sometimes with sports romances we use the sport itself as just a backdrop and there are a lot of stereotypes used, that is not the case in this one.
- A good HEA. I love when you can see if coming and still it gets you in the feels right in the end. I know that this is the beginning of a “series” but my understanding is each book is a standalone. I will be reading the rest of these.
Who Should Read This One:
- Contemporary Romance fans, sports romance readers who like a lot of detail.
Leave a Reply