If you’re joining me for the December Writing Challenge, you’ll find the image you can use for Week 2. Our weeks for the challenge start every Saturday (so I’m a few days late posting this picture). Be sure to let me know in the comments if you’re playing so I can catch a post! THANKS.
My Work Process
I’m a full-time writer now so my day includes a lot of writing related things. My process for a day looks like this:
- This happens in at least two sessions, the first of which is usually the longest at roughly 2 hours. I count words and try not to let myself fall below 1400 for a day.
- This happens in at least two sessions as well. The second one is usually in the parent pickup line at school and is only about 10 minutes while I wait for the kiddos. I try not to let myself fall below 140 pages for a day.
- I block out time for each day (about 30 minutes) to spend editing something I’ve already written. Right now I’m working on editing Redeeming Jordyn (Book 2 for the Kingdom of Fraun series). I try to edit at least a chapter a day.
- I spend about 30-45 minutes a day working on marketing or promotional things for upcoming events. If I have no upcoming events I use this time to email people about events that can be put on my calendar.
- Social Media
- I spent at least 30 minutes a day keeping my various accounts current. I make sure events are on the Facebook page, I answer questions over on Goodreads, and I play writing games on Twitter.