Good morning and happy middle (ish) of the month. I decided I better to a progress check, join me if you feel the need!
Let’s take a look at my OFFICIAL GOALS for December again
- Write 1,400 words per day
- Read 140 pages per day
- Blog 10 times
- Walk Daily
I should explain that these are averages. There are days when I don’t write or read at all, normally weekends. Of course, being that this is the Holiday season, there are more of those days coming this month.
Here’s where I’m sitting right now.
- 1,436 words written per day. That’s after a MONSTER day yesterday and a decent morning today. Looking good, but not much of a cushion for upcoming holiday stuff. My goal is to really hit this hard next week and give myself a little more wiggle room heading into Christmas.
- 115.5 pages read per day. Yikes, that’s sad. Actually, it was looking worse until yesterday. I made the (smart) choice to read a book by a personal favorite, Tom Leveen, yesterday. I read the entire book in one sitting because I could NOT put it down. Highly recommend Random, by the way, in case you need a good book. Anyway, some quick math tells me I would have to read 343 pages today to catch up. YIKES!
- This will make my 6th blog post this month (including a couple of book reviews over on my other blog) so I’m looking good for that one too.
- I am walking daily (sort of). Since being cleared by my doctor I’ve made it my unofficial goal to hit 6,500 steps every day. I’m at 6,242 right now for a daily average. It sounds close but I’d really have to hit almost 10,000 today to make that. We shall see.
Are you surprised I have these? You shouldn’t be. I’m an irrational perfectionist, remember? I always have things in my head that I’m going to try and get done but part of me is afraid that I will fail so I keep them private. Let’s throw that out the window, shall we?
- Edit a chapter a day in Book 3. I’m way behind on this one. I’d have to edit 10 chapters today. I’m planning to do it though.
- Tweet my writing games every single day. So far, so good.
- Do a household chore of some kind every other day. So far, so good.
- Exercise for 15 minutes a day. I’m at about 11.5 minutes right now. I’d have to do almost an hour of exercise today to catch up.
The Bottom Line
All of my goals are still possible. One monster day for each one, like yesterday was for writing, and I’m looking good.
How about you? I’d love to hear how you’re goals are progressing in the comments.