Someone recently asked me why I take the time to write out my goals on the blog every month. It’s really pretty simple. I’m an irrational perfectionist. I have a habit of setting goals I know I can meet publicly and keeping goals I have to struggle through private. This leads to me beating myself up (figuratively) when I don’t meet the private ones although everyone in the world would see that I met the public ones and wonder what my problem was.
It’s something I’m trying to change.
Enter the blog and the goals. If I tell you about all of them, and you don’t judge me, I learn it’s alright to not meet a goal. I learn that it’s alright to work my way through a goal and make progress… but still fail.
Anyway, lets get into the accountability.
NOVEMBER WRAP UP
- Write 50000 words of the YA Contemporary in one month
- NaNo Story: 50299
- Total Words Written: 53894
- As my husband (and biggest supporter) keeps telling me… this is a big deal even if the YA Contemporary isn’t actually done.
- Read 150 Pages per day
- When you focus on writing 50000 words in one month, something’s gotta give.
- I did read 10 books, but it only averaged out to be about 100 pages per day.
- Post at least 2 shorts to the blog
- I posted to this wonderful blog 3 times. None of them were shorts or scenes.
- Post new videos to YouTube on Tuesdays
I had 2019 goals and I have a lot of work left to do if I’m planning on meeting those.
- WRITE the first draft of the 5th (and final) book in the Kingdom of Fraun series
- BLOG 3 shorts or scenes
- READ 150 pages per day (4650 pages total)
- YOUTUBE at least once per week
- On Twitter I’m continuing with #AuthorConfession, #SmoreWords, and #TheMerryWriter. I also decided to add in #WriterlyWIPChat because I liked the board.
- Over on Instagram I’m attempting to participate more on the Poetry Board and #authorschallenge2019.
How About You?
What is ONE goal that you’re working on in December?
Leave a Reply