June 2020 has come and gone. The official wrapup video just dropped over on the YouTube channel. Let’s dive into some behind-the-scenes information, shall we?
- The new GhostlyYA is actually a Paranormal Fantasy in the young adult age category. Yes, it will feature ghosts. You know what it won’t feature? A happy-ever-after ending. Yeah, this could be my most controversial ending yet (and YES I remember Projection’s ending).
- I think I told you this before, but I film these things ahead of the game a little. So, although this is going up on the LAST DAY of the month, it was filmed a few days ago. Did I get further than that 1200 words on the GhostlyYA … nope. Oops.
- I think we (and by we I mostly mean my techie husband) have finally figured out the perfect microphone setting to cut the echo from the new floors. Carpet dulled that echo and we’ve been working on it for a few videos now. I think this is the best one yet!
33985 words written (so far).
- Highest writing day was June 1st when I wrote 4,273 words.
- Overall, 9 days were above 1500 words and an additional 4 days were above 1000. Better than May, but not my best by FAR.
- I averaged a respectable 1132 words per day in June.
Because I cannot resist analyzing this stuff.
The uptick in fantasy this time was less a result of mood reading (which was the uptick in May) and more a result of the market, I think. Three of the fantasy books were review requests and 1 was a shield challenge. While I enjoyed them, that can’t exactly be called mood reading.
Alright, this is proof that it was a good reading month. Around here 3 stars is GOOD but perhaps more niche. 4 stars is GREAT and genre readers will love it. 5 stars are AMAZING and cross genres. So that means there were no problematic or bad books in this entire month! YAHOO!
30% of what I read this month was independently published.
That’s (again) less than last month. I’m not sure exactly why that is happening. I may have to process that a little bit and focus on fixing it once I figure out why it’s going down.
TO SUM IT UP
- -I picked a new WIP, which means I would probably have called the month a success even if everything else fell apart.
- I managed to read plenty of books.
- I did alright on my word count.
- I (sort of) got a schedule going that works for me again.
I’m calling this month a WIN
Check out the rest of the 2020 goals and how I’m looking overall.
Leave a Reply